Sunday, March 2, 2014

Music Drawing





While exploring Adobe Illustrator, I listened to a piece of music and created an image that I thought represented the sound of the piece. To me, the sound of the music was eerie and sharp, but at the same time it was captivating. This made me think of the way we sometimes listen to music even though it makes us sad or angry, not because we like the sound of the music necessarily, but because it brings about a certain emotion in us which is powerful or important to us. Music that gives us strong emotion may trigger memories that begin to cloud our minds and get "tangled up in our hair".

I used multiple tools, including several kinds of paint strokes, thicknesses, and colors. I also created shapes and warped them in many ways and gave them certain levels of transparency to create a visual of "clouded thought". As a rest of that, here is my first image created in Adobe Illustrator!

No comments:

Post a Comment